The Philippines known officially as the Republic of the Philippines is an archipelagic country in Southeast Asia. Situated in the western Pacific Ocean, it consists of about 7,641 islands that are categorized broadly under three main geographical divisions from north to south: Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao. The capital city of the Philippines is Manila and the most populous city is Quezon City, both part of Metro Manila. The Philippines is bounded by the South China Sea on the west, the Philippine Sea on the east and the Celebes Sea on the southwest and it shares maritime borders with Taiwan to the north, Vietnam to the west, Palau to the east, and Malaysia and Indonesia to the south.
The climate in Philippines is very similar to India. English is one of the official languages in Philippines and over 95% of the population speaks it. Filipinos are one the nicest, warmest and friendliest people in the world.
Basic Information about Philippines:
Capital City | Manila
Official Language | English & Filipino
Official Currency | Philippine Peso
GDP | $ 314 billion
Time Difference with India | Philippines is 2.5 hours ahead of India
Population | 10.5 crores
Flight time from India to Ukraine |Between 8-10 hours
MBBS in Philippines
Philippines is one of the best countries for students from India to do their MBBS from. MBBS abroad in Philippines is world renowned and recognized. It provides the perfect mixture of theoretical as well as practical knowledge, enabling the students to become successful practitioners. AMA School of Medicine, Our Lady of Fatima University and the University of Perpetual Help are some of the most prestigious medical universities in Philippines.
The total expenses MBBS in Philippines fees, plus the food and the accommodation comes to be between ₹25-27 lakh. English is the official language in Philippines and hence Indian students studying MBBS in Philippines do not need to learn a new language. Also the medical universities in Philippines offer world class infrastructure and brilliant faculty at 1/3rd of the cost of India.
The MBBS in Philippines degree is known as BS-MD. This is for an Indian student who is going to the Philippines to study post finishing his 12th std. The students will be taught the BS course (also known as the pre-medical course) for a period of 2 years. Post this, the student will study 4 years of the MD or the medical course which is divided into 3 years of theoretical learning and 1 year of internship/clinical rotation. After finishing the Pre-medical course, a student will have to appear for an NMAT (National Medical Admission test) and pass this exam in order to get admission into the 4 year MD program. A student will get 4 attempts for the NMAT while studying the BS course and they will be provided with the study material for studying for this exam. This test is to be cleared once in order to get admission in the MD course. You can get the NMAT sample paper too through us. The total duration MBBS course in the Philippines is 6 years.
Please do not believe any agent telling you that the MBBS in Philippines is for 5 years or even 5.5 years. They are only trying to fool you and make money from you. The MBBS in Philippines will take you a total of 6 years to complete and no less than that.
We are also hearing a lot of agents luring students by asking them to study their 1st year of medicine in India and the remaining time in Philippines. This is not valid and not legal as well. Kindly refer to the link attached here in order to clear your doubts. The Commission of Higher Education in Philippines has issued a notice and put it up on the website of the Philippine Embassy in India.
Have a look at it here: http://newdelhipe.dfa.gov.ph/index.php/newsroom/embassy-news/520-2018-06-18-06-15-06
Other than the cost of the tuition fees, there are number of other expenses that a student needs to bare such as the cost for the accommodation, the food, extension of the visa, expense for the books and for everyday travelling too. Students can expect to get very good Indian food at the various MBBS in Philippines universities. This is due to the availability of an Indian mess at every MBBS college in Philippines. Students can choose from a variety of cuisines as well.
As per the figures available for 2012-2014, the MCI (FMGE) screening test passing percentage of students who did their MBBS in Philippines was 24.6%.
Why Study MBBS in Philippines for Indian students (Advantages)
The following are the advantages of studying MBBS in Philippines:
- English is an official language in Philippines and hence the MBBS course is taught in English. The student does not need to learn the local language.
- The MBBS in Philippines fees is extremely low and affordable. The students even have the option of paying the fees in installments.
- The climate in Philippines is tropical and hence it is very similar to India. Due to this the disease pattern amongst Filipinos is similar to Indians. Thus an Indian student studying MBBS in Philippines gets exposure to treating patients with similar diseases as they would in India. This makes them ready for the long run and helps them in strengthening their profile.
- As English is an official language in Philippines, students will not have a problem during their clinical rotations when they have to interact with local patients.
- Philippines is a former US colony and hence it follows the US education system. Thus students studying MBBS in Philippines have a very good chance of clearing the USMLE exam and going to the US.
- Students from India will find the weather in Philippines as very similar to India and hence it is much better alternative than a country such as Russia.
- The Philippines education system focuses a lot of providing the students with practical knowledge and skills.
- Final year of MBBS in Philippines is full clinical rotation for the students.
- As per the National Board of Examinations in India which releases the FMGE passing percentage figures every year, during the period of 2012-2014 the Philippine medical graduates had the highest passing percentage at 24.6%. This figure was higher than Russia, China, Ukraine or Georgia.
- During 2012-13 to 2016-17, MBBS in Philippines had the 2nd highest MCI Passing Percentage (minimum 900 students).
- The MBBS in Philippines is a 6 year course with the last year being of clinical rotation.
- Philippines provides an ideal gateway to the US. Any student wishing to go to the US to do PG and practice in the US should do his or her MBBS from Philippines.
- The MBBS in Philippines curriculum is such that it prepares the student for the part 1 and part 2 of the USMLE exam.
MBBS in Philippines Course Duration
MBBS course duration in Philippines is 6 years including the clinical training in Philippines. After this, the student can come to India and sit for the MCI screening test known as the FMGE and do his or her internship in India or can sit for any other global exams such as the USMLE (USA) or the PLAB (UK).
MBBS in Philippines After Graduation
The Philippines offers a 4-year MBBS course to those students who have already finished their graduation in India. The student can save money that would have been otherwise spent on the tuition fees, stay, and food and living expenses. MBBS in Philippines offers a subsidized fee structure for students who have already completed degrees such as B.Sc., BAMS, BHMS or B-Pharm in India. Contact AM Consulting for admission for MBBS in the Philippines.
MBBS in Philippines Eligibility Criteria for Indian students
The eligibility criteria for an Indian student to get admission to study MBBS in Philippines are as follows:
- The student must be a minimum of 17 years old, either on or before the 31st of December of the year in which the admission is taken.
- General Category Students: Must have an aggregate score of a minimum of 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology in the 12th
- SC/ST/OBC Students: Must have an aggregate score of a minimum of 40% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology in the 12th
- The student needs to secure qualifying marks in the NEET exam.
Admission process and the Visa application for studying MBBS in Philippines
AM Consulting is a leader in MBBS abroad education and we have successfully secured visas for over 500 Indian students till date. AM Consulting has a 100% visa success rate for students who wish to study MBBS in Philippines.
- 10th mark sheet
- 12th mark sheet
- Passport copies
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Birth Certificate (In English).
- Medical Certificate and HIV Certificate.
- Financial sponsor’s Bank statement (a min 6 months showing adequate balance)
- School/college leaving/transfer certificate.
- 10-12 passport size photographs
- Financial Affidavit
- No Objection certificate
- Gap certificate for those students who had passed 12th Level in earlier years.
- After collecting the documents, we send the 10th and 12th mark sheets and the passport to the University. Next the University will issue the admission letter of the student.
- Then the student needs to pay a certain amount as deposit in order to confirm his or her seat at the University. After this the university will issue an invitation letter to the student.
- Post this we will make the student’s visa application and submit the remaining documents.
AM Consulting will handle the notarization, the red ribbon of the documents to be done at the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) and also the payment of the visa fees at the Philippines embassy.
Options to explore post MBBS in Philippines
An Indian student can choose the following paths upon successfully completing his medical education in Philippines:
Path 1: The most common option for a student is to come back to India and clear the MCI screening test. After clearing the test, a student can apply for a medical license and can practice medicine in India. Alternatively, the student can also give his or her PG entrance exam for studying in India.
Path 2: A student can also look at doing a PG in medicine in Philippines itself or a student can look at going for a PG in Germany. Germany is one of the best countries for a student to do his PG medical studies in
Path 3: As a student you can opt for an MD / MS in USA and one of the biggest advantages in this, is that you do not have to write the MCI screening test after completing your MBBS in Philippines. It basically means that, upon completion of MBBS in Philippines, you can straight away opt to go for a PG in USA without clearing the MCI Test. The Post-graduation in medicine from the USA would be valid and highly valued in India. As Philippines is a former US colony, it follows the American pattern of education and hence an MBBS in Philippines prepares the student for a PG in the US. This is so because the student will be easily able to clear his USMLE part 1 and part 2 while completing his MBBS in Philippines.
List of Universities for MBBS in Philippines
- Our Lady of Fatima University
- University of Perpetual Help
MBBS in Philippines Fee structure
Our Lady of Fatima University
|Total Fees (1st to 6th) years (In USD)
||Hostel (per year)
|Total (Fees+Hostel) (In USD)
||Total (Fees+Hostel) (In INR)
University of Perpetual Help
|Total Fees (1st to 6th) years (In USD)
||Hostel (per year)
|Total (Fees+Hostel) (In USD)
||Total (Fees+Hostel) (In INR)
Please make note of the following points with regards to the above mentioned fee structures of various universities in Philippines.
- We have taken the USD to INR rate exchange rate as 1 USD = 70 INR. Please use the current exchange for calculation of fees in INR.
- The charges mentioned above only include the fees and the hostel expenses.
- The charges for admission, application, visa and other services will be extra.
- Flight tickets cost will be based on the actual rate at the time of booking.
- The food expenses will be USD 100 per month = USD 1200 per year. This translates to 84,000 INR (1 USD = 70 INR).
- The above mentioned fees structure, hostel charges as well any other fees mentioned are subject to change at the discretion of the universities.
Services provided by AM Consulting for MBBS in Philippines:
- Honest and free career counseling for admission towards studying MBBS in Philippines.
- Getting the student’s entire admission process done hassle free at an MCI recognized university in Philippines.
- Assistance in getting student’s passport done quickly
- Handling the entire visa processing as well as the documentation work for the student.
- Preparing the students for the Visa interview held at the Philippine consulate
- Ensuring that all the students in go in a group from India to Philippines
- Providing airport drop in Delhi and airport pick up in Philippines
- Assistance in getting foreign exchange
- Arranging for transport of the student from the airport in Philippines to the University selected by the student
- Providing Indian meal on arrival and providing student’s the opportunity to connect with their parents through phone
- Help in getting all the admission formalities including the student’s medical tests done in Philippines.
- 6 Year on-campus support in Philippines and help in resolving any of the student’s issues.
- Arranging for the student’s insurance.