About South Korea:
South Korea is a highly developed country and the world’s 12th-largest economy by nominal GDP. Its citizens enjoy the world’s fastest Internet connection speeds and the densest high-speed railway network. It was named the second-best country in the world to raise kids in the 2020 UN Child Flourishing Index, with the best chance at survival, thriving and well-being due to good healthcare, education, and nutrition. South Korea is the world’s 5th largest exporter and 8th largest importer. South Korea is a global leader in many technologies and innovation-driven fields. Since 2014, South Korea has been named the world’s most innovative country by the Bloomberg Innovation Index for six consecutive years. Since the 21st century, South Korea has been renowned for its globally influential pop culture, particularly in music (K-pop), TV dramas, and cinema, a phenomenon referred to as the Korean Wave.
Why Study in South Korea
When it comes to enhancing the reading ability and imparting knowledge in the field of Mathematics and Science, South Korea is amongst the top-performing OECD countries. With its national obsession with studying popularly called “education fever” and the high percentage of its citizens holding a tertiary education degree, South Korea is among the world’s most educated countries. With scores of degree and skill development courses available, state of the art facilities, modern infrastructure, and scholarship schemes, this East Asian nation has become a great study abroad destination.
Top Reasons to study in South Korea are as follows:
1. High Quality of education: As per various survey reports, international students are delighted with the education system in Korea. According to QS Top Universities, “Investment in teaching and research has been at the heart of South Korea’s growth into the world’s 11th largest economy and the fourth largest economy within Asia. The country boasts no less than six top-20 entries and 57 representatives in total in the QS Asia University Rankings 2019, and 29 ranked institutions in the QS World University Rankings 2019. There are various fields of study one can opt for when considering to study in South Korea. However, the most rewarding areas of study in South Korea for Indian students are arts, science, and business-related courses.
2. Affordable Cost of Education & Living: Both tuition fees and living expenses are affordable compared to western countries. The average expense of an international student studying in Korea is about $6,500 (INR 4.6 Lacs) a year.
3. Secure and a Friendly Country: South Korea has been ranked one of the safest countries in the world. Seoul has also been placed in the 8th position in EIU’s Safe Cities Index report for 2019. South Koreans are also extremely warm and hospitable people.
4. Scholarship Opportunities: There are many scholarship schemes available specifically for Indian students, which can be checked directly from the respective University websites. Scholarships are also available for international students from individual universities, and these can cover up to 100% of tuition fees. The Korean Government offers generous scholarships (full tuition fees, airfare, and monthly living allowance) to international students who learn the Korean language before commencing the actual degree program.
5. Excellent Career Prospects: South Korea is home to leading corporations in the world such as Samsung, Hyundai, Kia, LG & Posco. There are plenty of opportunities for international students to get jobs in South Korea. As there are plenty of South Korean brands based in India, many Indian students can secure employment in these companies back home in India.